10 Crafty Easter Basket Fillers for Tweens!
Easter is coming up soon and parents of older kids are going to be wracking their brains to figure out how to fill the baskets with items their kids will love! If you’re anything like me, you like to limit the amount of treats. After all, the chocolate seems to be in endless supply around the Easter weekend.
Finding craft supplies for older kids (9-12) can be difficult sometimes. They’re way past the pom poms and popsicle stick stage but aren’t quite into the teen stage yet.
I’ve put together a list of 10 great craft supplies that your older child & tweens will love!
- Fabric Markers: This age is all about personalization! Fabric markers are a great tool for allowing your child to personalize their backpack, shoes, t-shirt, etc., to really make them their own!
- Fimo: Fimo clay is a great compound for those children that are past the Play-doh phase. Fimo (or Sculpey) is a super smooth clay, that you bake when you’ve finished your creation. The great thing about Fimo is that it’s super easy to add in earring hooks, or hoops to make into a necklace or backpack zipper pull! Click here for more info on Fimo!
- Nuvo Drops: This is basically liquid enamel. Scrapbookers and card makers use it for creating enamel dots on their projects. They’re great for personalizing your hard surfaces (think binders, pencil cases, etc) and come is a huge variety of colours. Click here for more info on Nuvo Drops!
- Gel Pens: Gel pens are great for this age group! They come in a huge variety of colours, they write on almost any colour surface (the good ones will even write on black paper).
- DIY Slime ingredients: This trend is HUGE right now! Tweens all over the country are hoarding white glue, borax, glitter, food colour and mix-ins to create their own slimy concoctions. Check out this post from Tip Junkies for some slime recipes: Slime Recipes
- Washi tape: The patterns on washi tape are truly endless! Washi tape is great for personalizing notebooks, mirrors, pencils…basically anything and everything!
- Sharpies: Now that your child is a bit older and can (most likely) handle the responsibilities of permanent markers, these are a great choice. Sharpies are great for doodling on plain white canvas shoes, backpacks, pillow cases, etc.
- Perler beads: You may have a collection of these small cylinder beads from when your child was younger, but they take on a whole new task for a tween. Be creating layers and ironing them together, they can create personalized headphone holders, key chains, earrings, necklace charms and more!
- Mod Podge: This is an all-purpose sealer that comes in a bunch of different finishes (matte, gloss, glitter, etc). Tween girls love glitter, and Mod Podge is the best glitter sealer I’ve tried! Check out the Mod Pode page for info and ideas.
- Blank wood frames: These frames are inexpensive ($1-$2 each) and are completely customizable. Using the products I’ve listed here, your tween can create their own diy frames for framing all those selfies!
There’s 10 great ideas for getting those baskets filled and the kids crafting! Do your tween have any crafting products that they swear by? Let us know in the comments below!
Please share this list on Pinterest with mom friends that struggle to fill the baskets!